Friday, June 30, 2017

Potthast

Potthast Study- 6x6 Oil on gessobord. Every year I buy an engagement calendar to keep me organized. This year it is from the National Gallery of Art. I find inspiration in the pages of paintings every day. I have been saving the ones that I really like and this is one of them. I like to write the artists name on the bottom and then later investigate more of what they have painted and who they were. Not all of the artists are familiar to me. This is a small piece of a work by Edward Henry Potthast. I love the brush stokes and spontaneity of the scene.
Edward Henry Potthast was an American Impressionist painter. He is known for his paintings of people at leisure in Central Park, and on the beaches of New York and New England. Wikipedia
BornJune 10, 1857, Cincinnati, OH
DiedMarch 9, 1927, New York City, NY


No comments:

Post a Comment